- Give yourself at least 5 minutes to prepare for a networking call, but ideally about 20-30 minutes.
- Plan ahead so you’re not rushing to do this right before the call begins.
Process To Prepare For a Networking Call:
- Reference your research notes and questions that you already jotted down. (5-10 mins)
• Reflect on what you most want and need to know.
- Reference our suggested list of creative questions to ask (5 mins)
- Reference their background on LinkedIn (5 mins)
- Reference their company website (5 mins)
- Draft a list of 10-15 questions, in priority order (5 mins).
• Phrase your questions as clearly as you can to get the best possible information.